Sunday, August 30, 2009

Making a blog?

I figure since I do tend to run my mouth on Myspace blogs all too often I believe I needed to make a blog. A friend of mine recommended this to me, so I figure I'll use it.

Today, I went to my long time friend, and prom dates, birthday party. Upon arrival I saw someone who I did not expect to be there. It was kind of a bad thing but I didn't bother with it. I, of course, began to fraternize and got into a conversation with an old middle school friend of mine. Then one of my friends, who I had a little rocky time with in high school, approached me and we conversed for awhile. She then told me how people were saying things like they wouldn't go to the party because I was there. I knew who she was talking about. My feelings were a bit hurt after that.

But I have come to realize, that things like this aren't worth me lifting a finger to try to fix. The girl was just a "best friend" in school. She never acted like a friend of mine when we were outside of that dreaded high school. And she had also decided that she'd get a posse of our mutual friends to "act against" me. I really thought that mutual friends were supposed to be the neutral ones rather than the ones taking sides. Everytime this girl and I would get into a bout, its the same people always taking her side. I never understood why I would always try to be their friend again. And it was just so dumb, one of them came and talked to me and it was quite obvious that she was being fake when she was talking to me. I could see her scowling whenever she walked by.

Whenever this kind of thing happens, I try to realize that I am not in high school, because I am obviously not. But it's just so hard to not be involved in these sort of things when you want to keep some of your old high school friends. She really needs to get off her pedestal and understand that the world doesn't revolve around her and her foolish wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment